Care & Maintenance
The individual characteristics and natural variations of wood make every piece of Haworth wood furniture one of a kind. We’ve treated your furniture with the finest finishes to preserve its unique beauty. Now it’s your turn – treat your furniture with a little tender loving care, and it will be good to you for many years to come. Follow these guidelines:
• Clean all surfaces frequently with a soft, water-dampened cloth, wiping with the grain.
• Use coasters under hot objects such as coffeepots and cups (avoid temperature extremes).
• Lift objects to move them.
• Immediately remove all liquids on wood surfaces by blotting them dry (moisture is not your furniture’s friend!).
• Use a protective desk pad under all writing areas and business machines.
• Level the product to prevent items from sliding across surface (and allow better movement of drawer slides).
• Use paper towels as this will scratch the surface.
• Clean or wipe against the grain.
• Expose the furniture to extreme heat, cold or humidity variations (keep away from radiators, air conditioning vents, humidifiers, fireplaces, etc.)
• Pull items across the wood as this will scratch the surface.
• Expose the furniture to strong sunlight (this will accelerate changes in the color of the wood furniture).
• Use harsh solvents – they might cause the finish to deteriorate.
• Use glass cleaners or waxes.
• Allow water to stand on the wood surface.
Dust your wood furniture regularly to avoid build-up of dirt and grime that can dull the finish. Dust with a damp cloth following the grain of the wood. Do not use excess amounts of water and do not allow water to stand on the wood surface.
Other Surface Materials
Other materials that might be utilized in your wood furniture are also easy to care for and maintain.
For general cleaning, use a mild detergent with warm water. If the surface becomes stained, use a non-abrasive cleaner. After wiping, rinse with warm water and dry with a soft cloth. Laminate surfaces with a soft edge can be cleaned with 3M® citrus base natural cleaner or Armor All® vinyl cleaner.
Warm water and a mild detergent will remove most spills and scuffs.