Total Back Support + Knit Comfort
Comfort is not about your chair—it’s about you. We designed the Fern office chair to take its cues from you. Just like the human body, Fern has a strong, yet flexible internal spine at its core. This unique structure and an innovative suspension system give you total back support from your neck down. There’s no hard outer frame or edges to get in the way of your comfort as Fern responds to your every movement. Integrated ergonomic controls create a premium sitting experience in a clean, elegant design. The addition of a lofted-knit back offers even more luxury with a plush, breathable extra layer of comfort, as well as greater dimension and an elevated, customized look.
Please note: This model does not include a lumbar adjustment or forward tilt.
VideosSee the Fern Wave Suspension System
Patented Wave Suspension for total back support from your neck down to the lumbar and pelvic regions
Breathable, high-performing, and high-style knit back
Recline in five different positions (including upright) with a back stop
- Patented, edgeless back design wrapped in plush honeycomb-pattern digital knit
- Back stop easily limits recline in five different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16.5" to 21.5" (419mm to 546mm) vertically
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Polished aluminum base with hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- Overall Height: 41.5"-47" (1054mm-1194mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 28.5" (724mm)
- Arm Height: 6.7"-11.5" (170mm-292mm)
- Seat Height: 16.5"-21.5" (419mm-546mm)
- Seat Width: 19.9" (505mm)
- Seat Depth: 15.5"-18.5" (394mm-470mm)
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
The Digital Knit Fern is lovely! I love the higher back and the support it gives. All of the features work incredibly well. The knit part of the back is really comfy and I like it better than the mesh option. My only feedback is the fabric on the seat. It's a wool fabric and while durable, it's a bit scratchy. I preferred the fabrics on the other chair options but since this won for comfort, I'll put something over the seat when wearing shorts. I also want to share that the customer service at Haworth is top notch so if you're considering a chair, give it a try - you can always return but I assure you, you won't.
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your new Fern chair, Elizabeth! We are very happy to hear how much you love it!
Great value for the money. I am truly enjoyingthe chair.
This chair is awesome. Sexy and Functional. I did a video review on it here: https://youtu.be/mKSfcZFt5MA
Hi Marshall! Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to make this video -- it's incredible! It's been circulating throughout Haworth, and we're all big fans! Thanks again!
I actually forgot about the chair while working from home. It surrounds you well and it facilitates movement easily. The build quality is top notch and it fits right into that medium to high budget range. I'd definitely recommend this chair for anyone that works from home and sits for a few hours a day.
Fern Digital Knit Office Chair