Our Most Popular Ergonomic Desk Chair + Premium Leather
If you’ve ever experienced lower back pain, Zody was made for you. Our bestselling chair for over a decade, Zody lets you fine-tune your back support with independent adjustment controls on either side of the lumbar pad. Integrated pelvic support helps keep your spine aligned in a natural position. 4D arms move in any direction for easy positioning, while a host of other ergonomic adjustments let you personalize your comfort anytime throughout the day. The addition of a leather seat and back jacket not only brings an executive-level sophistication, but makes cleaning easy.
VideosWatch how to adjust Zody
Seat and back wrapped in premium, high-style leather
4D arms move four ways providing just the right support you need for your neck and shoulders
Set your own comfort throughout the day with our patented Pelvic and Asymmetrical Lumbar (PAL) back system that lets you fine tune the amount of support on either side of your lower back
- Leather back jacket covering supportive mesh
- Patented Pelvic and Asymmetrical Lumbar (PAL) back system has pelvic support to help maintain the spine’s natural curvature, while the lumbar pad offers 4" (102mm) of height adjustment and independent controls to fine-tune support on either side of your lower back
- Back stop limits recline in six different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- Forward tilt allows the seat pan to move downward by 5° from the initial position to vary your posture throughout the day
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16" to 21" (406mm to 533mm) vertically
- Waterfall seat edge minimizes pressure behind legs
- Leather wrapped foam seat
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Polished aluminum base with hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- Made from 42% recycled material; 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- First and only chair endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association
- First task chair certified by MBDC as a Cradle-to-Cradle Gold Product
- Over 3 million Zody chairs in use globally
- Overall Height: 38"-43" (965mm-1092mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 29" (737mm)
- Arm Height: 6.8"-10.8" (173mm-275mm)
- Seat Height: 16"-21" (406mm-583mm)
- Seat Width: 19.3" (490mm)
- Seat Depth: 16"-19" (406mm-487mm)
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
This is as good as advertised. I am at my home office full time, and needed a more ergonomic solution. This is the most comfortable chair I have used, and the adjustments are numerous. The only complaint is the forward/back adjustment for the armrests are too easy (minor issue).
I purchased the Zody for the home / Covid office. I needed something comfortable to replace my aging Leap chair, and Zody delivered. At its core, the chair is comfortable. Simple as that. It provides great back support, which is something I lacked and desperately needed. I even prefer it just a bit to the Fern, which I use in the "formal" office downtown. The Fern is comfortable and a great choice (and perhaps better aesthetically), but I find Zody's back support to be a bit better. No regrets with either.
We are so happy to hear how much you love our chairs! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, James!
I have had numerous back surgeries and it is hard to find a comfortable chair I can manuver easily. Bravo Haworth
This is an excellently designed chair. Solid construction, good looks, adjustable and comfortable. A lot of "ergonomic" chairs are overly firm, and force you into a specific seating position, or are comfortable in 1 dimension, but lacking in another. This chair strikes a great balance of everything. I've tried them all!
Herman Miller Aeron, and Embody. The Aeron restricts circulation to your legs after a while with the very hard front-edge of the seat and the seat pan has a very large upwards arc to it, that ultimately isn't great over long periods. The Embody has a very nice feeling back, but the seat sinks too deep and again can cut off circulation to your legs with an upward angled and stiff front seat-edge; the Logitech X version is more padded helping slightly, but still fails in the same areas and creeks and squeaks like a cheap lawn chair after a while.
Steelcase Gesture has a seat that's as hard as a wooden stool, and a backrest that left my upper shoulders and neck straining. The Leap is their best chair, but again a very arched seat pan which also ends up putting pressure on the front underside of your thighs after a while I found, and is ultimately not nearly as comfortable as a larger more flat seat design like on the Zody.
The Zody chair has the best features of all of these chairs in my opinion, without resorting to "crazy / extreme" design choices. Syncro tilt and forward tilt of the chair or seat-pan is an absolute must for an ergonomic chair. This is a really solid chair, with all the adjustments needed and this brown leather version is also great looking.
If I were to give any suggestions at all being super picky, I would suggest a bit more solid armrest pad mechanisms. They are a tad loose, and could do with a bit more friction/force required to move them out of place. The other thing that would be awesome is a slightly more forward tilted default seating position for computer work; the synchro tilt is great for setting your comfort position and allows to find your perfect back angle, but the starting back and seat angle is a just a touch too negative (far back). The forward tilt helps greatly here, but would be nice to be able to lock it in at a specific angle while using forward tilt as well. Again, being super picky but if there's ever a slightly tweaked version of this chair I'd buy it in an heartbeat.
Thanks for the great chair!
Like many I began working from home in March due to Covid. For the first months I used chairs and stools that I had around the house shifting back and forth. Then I stepped up and bought the Zody thinking that with so many hours in front of a screen it could be helpful, especially as I was used to an office chair when in my usual office. What an amazing game changer its been. The chair is elegant but most importantly has so much flexability with customized positions that its just plain terrific..Buy it, for me its been a game changer for my work day and my back!