Total Back Support + Knit Comfort
Comfort is not about your chair—it’s about you. We designed the Fern office chair to take its cues from you. Just like the human body, Fern has a strong, yet flexible internal spine at its core. This unique structure and an innovative suspension system give you total back support from your neck down. There’s no hard outer frame or edges to get in the way of your comfort as Fern responds to your every movement. Integrated ergonomic controls create a premium sitting experience in a clean, elegant design. The addition of a lofted-knit back offers even more luxury with a plush, breathable extra layer of comfort, as well as greater dimension and an elevated, customized look.
Please note: This model does not include a lumbar adjustment or forward tilt.
VideosSee the Fern Wave Suspension System
Patented Wave Suspension for total back support from your neck down to the lumbar and pelvic regions
Breathable, high-performing, and high-style knit back
Recline in five different positions (including upright) with a back stop
- Patented, edgeless back design wrapped in plush honeycomb-pattern digital knit
- Back stop easily limits recline in five different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16.5" to 21.5" (419mm to 546mm) vertically
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Polished aluminum base with hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- Overall Height: 41.5"-47" (1054mm-1194mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 28.5" (724mm)
- Arm Height: 6.7"-11.5" (170mm-292mm)
- Seat Height: 16.5"-21.5" (419mm-546mm)
- Seat Width: 19.9" (505mm)
- Seat Depth: 15.5"-18.5" (394mm-470mm)
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Chair is as expected, very comfortable and functional, for a good price.
I've had this chair for over a month now and overall I enjoy it and feel its a pretty good chair. I really love the digital knit, probably one of my favourite things about this chair, its so soft and plush feeling as well as breathable. Lot's of adjustment as well and the way the back moves with my back is great. The design of the back makes it so the chair can flex with your body but also doesn't have pressure points or feel hard like some other chairs with similar ideas. Being able to position the armrest in about any position I like is amazing. Most other adjustments besides seat pan depth are pretty standard for any chair, however they're all very easy to use and in a good position. The hand crank for the tilt tension is a welcome change as opposed to a knob that hurts your hand after awhile. The overall look of the chair is nice as well, the colours go well together and help brighten up an office space as well as add some personality.
Onto the things I don't like/potential flaws. There is a good amount of side to side play in the arm rest supports, which shouldn't be the case at this price range. Additionally there is also some play in the seat mechanism as well if you lean back with a high tension, it almost feels like the seat pan lifts just slightly. I do wish the seat back was maybe a little stiffer in the lumbar area instead of flexing so freely, just to add a bit more support, but this isn't a huge deal. Arm rest could be softer as well, however they don't cause any discomfort, this is more a nice to have. And last, perhaps Haworth should add an option for carpet or hardwood casters at checkout, as the chair comes with carpet casters which roll way too easy on wood floors.
Overall, I've been able to sit in this chair for 8-12 hours a day if not more and I don't experience any discomfort, in fact on a day I have back pain from other task, this chair is my go to spot to feel good.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your new Fern chair! We wanted to let you know that you can purchase soft casters (for hard flooring surfaces) by visiting the Parts page of our online store -- you can find soft casters for the Soji, Very, Zody, and Fern chairs on that page, in addition to casters for the Upside and Jive desks.
Again, we thank you for sharing your thoughts and are happy to hear you are enjoying your new Haworth chair!
Fern Digital Knit Office Chair
I actually forgot about the chair while working from home. It surrounds you well and it facilitates movement easily. The build quality is top notch and it fits right into that medium to high budget range. I'd definitely recommend this chair for anyone that works from home and sits for a few hours a day.