Total Back Support + Adjustability
Comfort is not about your chair—it’s about you. We designed the Fern office chair to take its cues from you. Just like the human body, Fern has a strong, yet flexible internal spine at its core. This unique structure and an innovative suspension system give you total back support from your neck down. There’s no hard outer frame or edges to get in the way of your comfort as Fern responds to your every movement. An adjustable lumbar pad puts lower back support just where you need it. 4D arms move in any direction for easy positioning and integrated ergonomic controls create a premium sitting experience in a clean, elegant design.
Please note: This model does not include forward tilt.
VideosSee the Fern Wave Suspension System
Patented Wave Suspension for total back support from your neck down to the lumbar and pelvic regions
Recline in five different positions (including upright) with a back stop
Support your neck and shoulders with arms that adjust up/down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out
- Patented, edgeless back design wrapped in a lofted mesh
- Back stop easily limits recline in five different positions (including upright)
- Adjustable lumbar pad moves 4” up or down to support your lower back
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16.5" to 21.5" (419mm to 546mm) vertically
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- Overall Height: 41.5"-47" (1054mm-1194mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 28.5" (724mm)
- Arm Height: 6.7"-11.5" (170mm-292mm)
- Seat Height: 16.5"-21.5" (419mm-546mm)
- Seat Width: 19.9" (505mm)
- Seat Depth: 15.5"-18.5" (394mm-470mm)
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
You might not want to stand up again.
If I had to gripe thus far - be careful with putting weight down on the armrests (like, if you were to prop yourself up) as they can slide forward if they're not all the way forward. It would be nice if a release mechanism was required to move them in any dimension (the lever only releases them from moving up/down, otherwise they can freely move around).
Personally I don’t own this chair but my step-moms work office is FILLED with all sorts of different chairs from Haworth and out of all of them that I sat in this one was by far the most comfiest. Pricey it may be but as people have always said you get what you pay for. So rather than settling for a mediocre office chair or one that’s a couple hundo I think it’s worth it to pay a little some more for pure comfiness!