Our Most Popular Ergonomic Desk Chair
If you’ve ever experienced lower back pain, Zody was made for you. Our bestselling chair for over a decade, Zody lets you fine-tune your back support with independent adjustment controls on either side of the lumbar pad. Integrated pelvic support helps keep your spine aligned in a natural position. 4D arms move in any direction for easy positioning, while a host of other ergonomic adjustments let you personalize your comfort anytime throughout the day.
VideosWatch how to adjust Zody
First and only chair endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association
Set your own comfort throughout the day with our patented Pelvic and Asymmetrical Lumbar (PAL) back system that lets you fine tune amount of support on either side of your lower back
4D arms move four ways providing just the right support you need for your neck and shoulders
- Breathable, supportive mesh back
- Patented Pelvic and Asymmetrical Lumbar (PAL) back system has pelvic support to help maintain the spine’s natural curvature, while the lumbar pad offers 4” (102mm) of height adjustment and independent controls to fine-tune support on either side of your lower back
- Back stop limits recline in six different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- Forward tilt allows the seat pan to move downward by 5° from the initial position to vary your posture throughout the day
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16" to 21" (406mm to 533mm) vertically
- Waterfall seat edge minimizes pressure behind legs
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Aluminum base with hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- Made from 42% recycled material; 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- First and only chair endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association
- First task chair certified by MBDC as a Cradle-to-Cradle Gold Product
- Over 3 million Zody chairs in use globally
- Overall Height: 38"-43" (965mm-1092mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 29" (737mm)
- Arm Height: 6.8"-10.8" (173mm-275mm)
- Seat Height: 16"-21" (406mm-583mm)
- Seat Width: 19.3" (490mm)
- Seat Depth: 16"-19" (406mm-487mm)
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I sit all day! After going through a couple of member warehouse chairs we decided that we are worth something better. So, my wife and I bought two of the Zody chairs and we are so happy that after eight hours in the chair it's only our eyeballs hurting not our rear ends or backs. Great chair, we both highly recommend it!
My wife loves the chair, also bought her a lower desk because she is 5’2” tall and needs a 24” desk height and 16” chair height to be ergonomically correct. She no longer has back or neck issues. Love the quality and weight of chair. Also it came delivered fully assembled!!
Frank, thank you for providing this feedback! We are glad to hear that our Zody chair is helping your wife work more comfortably!
For the past 3-4 years, I was using a gaming chair. However, it was time for an upgrade and after looking at the reviews about the Zody chair, I knew this was the perfect upgrade. Not only that, but the customer service team at Haworth was superb! The first chair came in damaged, and within a few days, a replacement was already on its way. If you need an upgrade too, definitely shop here and you won't be disappointed.
Jason, we are very sorry again that your first chair arrived damaged but are glad we were able to quickly get a replacement for you and to hear how much you love your new Zody chair! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
I had what seemed like a good quality leather executive office chair from Costco, but after 1 year in it working from home due to COVID it was clear that while it looked fabulous, it was not an 8-10 hour/day chair. I had developed a lot of lower back pain and my tailbone was getting more and more sore. I have the less adjustable version of the Zody chair at my office and after much online research decided to take the plunge on this 4D model because I wanted the extra arm adjustments and the lumbar support. I actually purchased two, one for each my husband and myself. Within about 1.5 weeks, my tailbone soreness subsided and my lower back pain has improved quite a bit.
I was a bit worried about the adjustable arms being "too loose" (one of the biggest complaints), but they don't present a problem for me. I agree it would be nice to have a locking mechanism for them though. This chair is highly adjustable so you can get it exactly like you want for an extremely ergonomic friendly fit. This, together with my new adjustable foot rest, and my new adjustable monitor stand (which my new 32" monitor didn't come with...weird), I'm all set.
Overall, we are very satisfied with our chairs. They came fully assembled in a big box. We simply cut the top off the box, wheeled them in and were ready to go. It was Christmas in March. Haworth has a great little video we followed to adjust every aspect to our liking.
Cons: the price
Pros: everything else
We love hearing about how happy you are with your Zody chairs! Thank you so much for sharing your experience!