Total Back Support
Comfort is not about your chair—it’s about you. We designed the Fern office chair to take its cues from you. Just like the human body, Fern has a strong, yet flexible internal spine at its core. This unique structure and an innovative suspension system give you total back support from your neck down. There’s no hard outer frame or edges to get in the way of your comfort as Fern responds to your every movement. Integrated ergonomic controls create a premium sitting experience in a clean, elegant design.
Please note: This model does not include a lumbar adjustment or forward tilt.
VideosSee the Fern Wave Suspension System
Patented Wave Suspension for total back support from your neck down to the lumbar and pelvic regions
Recline in five different positions (including upright) with a back stop
Support your neck and shoulders with arms that adjust up/down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out
- Patented, edgeless back design wrapped in a lofted mesh
- Back stop easily limits recline in five different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16.5" to 21.5" (419mm to 546mm) vertically
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- Overall Height: 41.5"-47" (1054mm-1194mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 28.5" (724mm)
- Arm Height: 6.7"-11.5" (170mm-292mm)
- Seat Height: 16.5"-21.5" (419mm-546mm)
- Seat Width: 19.9" (505mm)
- Seat Depth: 15.5"-18.5" (394mm-470mm)
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Listing says this model doesn't have forward tilt or adjustable lumbar support. What I didn't realize is that it means there's NO lumbar at all. The backrest is a plastic net that moves with you, so there's no support, not even in the general area. However, the 4D arms is really adjustable and goes as narrow as 14” and the seat cushion is a good firmness too. If you really want to try this, maybe consider getting from their other dealers which has adjustable lumbar support.
It has no lumbar support. My back pain only got worst with this chair. I love the arms and all other components, but those just feel like an extra when there is back pain. . Other chairs at the same price range with good lumbar support had gotten rid of my back pain and I made the wrong choice with this one. I expect much more from a high end work chair. I think the pain is because of the nonexistent lumbar support, when purchasing I was told it had good lumbar support by the sales associate and it was not mentioned that I needed to buy any extra components
Excellent quality and very comfortable. Arrives fully assembled. If you work at a desk all day, this is the chair you want.
My previous chair really bothered my back, but this one is very supportive even without the lumber support. Highly recommended.
I'm really digging the chair. It is as they say it is. My previous chair was literally ruining me. This one, fixed all of my problems with sitting. My back is so happy right now.