Total Back Support
Comfort is not about your chair—it’s about you. We designed the Fern office chair to take its cues from you. Just like the human body, Fern has a strong, yet flexible internal spine at its core. This unique structure and an innovative suspension system give you total back support from your neck down. There’s no hard outer frame or edges to get in the way of your comfort as Fern responds to your every movement. Integrated ergonomic controls create a premium sitting experience in a clean, elegant design.
Please note: This model does not include a lumbar adjustment or forward tilt.
VideosSee the Fern Wave Suspension System
Patented Wave Suspension for total back support from your neck down to the lumbar and pelvic regions
Recline in five different positions (including upright) with a back stop
Support your neck and shoulders with arms that adjust up/down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out
- Patented, edgeless back design wrapped in a lofted mesh
- Back stop easily limits recline in five different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16.5" to 21.5" (419mm to 546mm) vertically
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- Overall Height: 41.5"-47" (1054mm-1194mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 28.5" (724mm)
- Arm Height: 6.7"-11.5" (170mm-292mm)
- Seat Height: 16.5"-21.5" (419mm-546mm)
- Seat Width: 19.9" (505mm)
- Seat Depth: 15.5"-18.5" (394mm-470mm)
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I am so happy with my Fern chair. I love that it has total back support and doesn't just focus on one area of my back. It's integrated so I get complete support and it looks great aesthetically. I could not ask for a better chair! Highly recommend.
Had to return my office chair and buy my own. Excellent fit and great if you have long legs.
After 21 years of service I decided to retire my Aeron and go for the Fern chair. It came fully assembled in a double heavy box and it is better then I expected. The 4d adjustable armrest work great and it was very easy adjusting the seat and backrest to find a comfortable working position. Time will tell how the fabric holds up, but the whole product breathes quality. Thumbs up and thanks for the quick delivery.
Bought 2 for our home office. My husband has always worked from home and this chair is the best he has had yet. This is the chair I have at my office and I knew it was a splurge but worth it. Comfortable with enough adjustments to fit our different body types.
Not only does it look good (most chairs I see her very corporate looking), it is very comfortable and great for my back. Everything is adjustable. I highly recommend!