Our Most Popular Ergonomic Desk Chair + Knit Comfort
If you’ve ever experienced lower back pain, Zody was made for you. Our bestselling chair for over a decade, Zody lets you fine-tune your back support with independent adjustment controls on either side of the lumbar pad. Integrated pelvic support helps keep your spine aligned in a natural position. 4D arms move in any direction for easy positioning, while a host of other ergonomic adjustments let you personalize your comfort anytime throughout the day. The unique digital knit back has a textured horizontal pattern that brings a look of inviting warmth, while providing support, breathability and comfort.
VideosWatch how to adjust Zody
Breathable, high-performing, and high-style knit back
4D arms move four ways providing just the right support you need for your neck and shoulders
Set your own comfort throughout the day with our patented Pelvic and Asymmetrical Lumbar (PAL) back system that lets you fine tune the amount of support on either side of your lower back
- Supportive digital knit back in a horizontal pattern
- Patented Pelvic and Asymmetrical Lumbar (PAL) back system has pelvic support to help maintain the spine’s natural curvature, while the lumbar pad offers 4” (102mm) of height adjustment and independent controls to fine-tune support on either side of your lower back
- Back stop limits recline in six different positions (including upright)
- Tilt tension control lets you lean back in a supported recline position
- Forward tilt allows the seat pan to move downward by 5° from the initial position to vary your posture throughout the day
- 4D arms adjust up and down, side to side, front to back, and pivot in and out to support your neck and shoulders
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts 16" to 21" (406mm to 533mm) vertically
- Waterfall seat edge minimizes pressure behind legs
- Upholstered foam seat with Alta stain repellent and protection for superior cleanability
- 3" (76mm) seat depth adjustment
- Polished aluminum base with hard casters for soft flooring surfaces
- Made from 42% recycled material; 92% recyclable
- Covered by Haworth’s 12-year, 24/7 warranty
- Ready to go right out of the box
- BIFMA LEVEL 3 Certified, the highest level of industry environmental certification
- Meets rigorous BIFMA G1 industry standard for healthy sitting
- GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air environments
- First and only chair endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association
- First task chair certified by MBDC as a Cradle-to-Cradle Gold Product
- Over 3 million Zody chairs in use globally
- Overall Height: 38"-43" (965mm-1092mm)
- Overall Width: 29" (737mm)
- Overall Depth: 29" (737mm)
- Arm Height: 6.8"-10.8" (173mm-275mm)
- Seat Height: 16"-21" (406mm-583mm)
- Seat Width: 19.3" (490mm)
- Seat Depth: 16"-19" (406mm-487mm)
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Really nice chair. I went through a couple to get one that was adjustable enough for me. I'm a smaller person, 5'2" with a smaller frame, and it's apparently very difficult to find a chair whose arms go in narrow enough for me. I also didn't want to compromise lumbar support, and when I saw the level of lumbar support plus added pelvic support, I had to give the Zody a try. I looked at a couple of other popular brands, but to get one with the options that came with the fully loaded Zody would have been twice the price.
I have one of those other very popular chairs at my office, and I needed something comparable for my home office now that I'll be working from home for the foreseeable future. I not only found something comparable in the Zody chair, but I actually like it better than any other chair that I've used. From start to finish the chair is high quality, and the fact that it ships assembled is the icing on top a very great cake. The chairs frame is almost entirely metal, and the whole thing feels quality. The seat is firm enough, but not overly firm and very comfortable from the get go. The only con with this chair is my agreement with a previous review that the white portions of the chair frame were a little dirty on arrival, which was a little disappointing given the overall quality of the chair. But overall, I could not recommend this chair enough. I actually bought a second one for my husband who had bought a different ergonomic chair, and he loves the Zody so much the other chair is being returned.
If you're on the fence about this chair for whatever reason, I would say just get it. You won't be disappointed. And if you have any issues, the Haworth customer service is some of the best I've interacted with lately.
tl;dr 10/10 would recommend
Buying a chair online is like buying shoes online, it's a shot in the dark. This was the third chair in my online buying journey and, luckily, it was the one I will be keeping.
Things I like:
1. It was completely assembled and super easy to remove from the (gigantic, doubled-up) box.
2. 4D arms are great to get in that perfect position.
3. The chair is very comfortable and the lumbar support is nice.
4. Controls are easy to use (once you figure them out - more below).
5. Excellent warranty.
Things I don't like:
1. It wasn't completely obvious that you need to PULL OUT the seat depth adjustment lever to actually move the seat. The good news is the lever is strong enough to withstand my frustrated pulls upward. :-)
2. The white pieces look dirty fresh out of the box. Not the best look when you pay for a brand new chair.
Overall this is a great chair that I hope lasts me for a very long time.
Loving the new chair.
I was on the hunt for a comfortable ergonomic chair for my home office and had tried a bunch of other recommended chairs by other brands. I really preferred the Haworths that were in my office so I ordered this Zody online. The digital knit is nice and the seat is comfy. Fully adjustable arms are amazing and I use them all the time, though I find myself shifting them out of position sometimes when I stand. The fabric on the seat is more rugged than I expected and a little greener than what is pictured. The forward tilt is great. All adjustment knobs make sense to me and are easy to operate. It looks stylish. I don’t really notice it’s there when I’m working, even after long days, which is entirely ideal. Would recommend.